Competition Terms & Conditions
FREE COMPETITION - Chance to Win A Year’s Supply of Harris & James Chocolate
Terms & Conditions
- The Chance to Win A Year’s Supply of Harris & James Chocolate promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Harris and James Ltd. ('the Promoter'). The Promotion will be run from 13th September to midnight on 17th September.
- The Promotion consists of a chance to win a year’s supply of chocolate from Harris & James, defined as one sharing bar or gift box per week.
Details of the Promotion:
- To enter the Promotion, you must guess how many beans were used in the making of the displayed chocolate bar (our 86g Delicious Dark Bar) and leave a comment under the promotional post with your answer.
- The Promotion will open at 10am on Wednesday 13th September 2023 and close at midnight on Sunday 17th September 2023. Entries received before or after this time will not be included in the Promotion.
- Once the Promotion has closed, the closest guess to the correct answer will be established by Monday 18th September 2023 from all the entries submitted during the promotional period. If you are the winning entrant, a member of the Harris & James social media team will get in touch with you via the social network you entered on (Facebook or Instagram).
- The number of beans will be measured by The Promoter’s expert chocolatier in advance of the competition. The promoter’s decision is final.
- We will contact the winner within 7 working days of the draw taking place and you will be contacted by midday on Monday 25th September at the latest. If you do not respond to claim your prize within 48 hours of notification, we will select the entrant with the next closest guess in your place.
- You may only enter the Promotion once per social channel. If we believe that entrants may be entering across multiple accounts in order to negate the entry limit, they may be disqualified from the Promotion.
- One winning entrant will receive a 52 week supply of Harris & James chocolate. Specifically this is judged to be the equivalent of a sharing bar or gift box per week.
- The winning entrant may express a desire for specific chocolate and the promoter will consider the request but is not bound to it
- The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable, and there is no cash alternative.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
- Your personal data will be collected and processed by us purely and only in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion.
- You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting us via our social media account. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.
Harris and James are committed to protecting personal information.
The personal information we collect from you
We may collect basic personal details such as your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number.
How we use information
We will use your information to contact you about the Promotion and for the purpose of fulfilment
We put in place reasonable security measures to protect against any unauthorised access or damage to, or disclosure or loss of, your information.
Please let us know if your information changes as it is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
You have the right to request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you in a Subject Access Request. To do this, simply write to us at the address below. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
How to contact us